South Indian Head Chef – CRISPY DOSA RESTAURANT.
Restaurant Address: No 123 High street, Hounslow, TW31QL.
We are looking for South Indian Head Chef for our Indian Vegetarian restaurant.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage and supervise kitchen staff’s activities, guide them and train them.
• Be a leader and single point of contact for management for the kitchen related affairs.
• Prepare and cook a range of Indian vegetarian dishes as set out in the restaurant menu
• Prepare delicious, hygienic and healthy food according to business principles
• Introduce an exciting dish of the month at the beginning of every month to keep our customer interested.
• Make sure the food supply is sourced properly and used resourcefully.
• Ensure that food items are rotated properly in fridge and FIFO is followed as per HACCP guideline and make sure it is strictly followed.
• Help business manager to achieve the restaurant’s budgeted food costs.
• Carry out month-end food stock taking.
• Manage day-to-day ordering of food for a section in line with the UK purchasing guidelines.
• Ensure food prepared is of highest possible standards.
• Controlling portion sizes in accordance with food specifications.
• Plan and allocate jobs/tasks to subordinate staff, ensuring that all items produced are according to standard recipes, portion yields and within agreed time limits and minimum wastage.
• Deal with food complaints efficiently.
• Report any defective equipment or safety hazards within the kitchen.
• Keep monitoring food delivery for both quality and quantity
• Make sure that recipes are followed properly during food prep and cooking time.
• Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards; prepare all dishes with clear knowledge of food allergies.
• Make sure of minimum wastage and need to keep and maintain a record of wastage.
• Be a team player, punctual & a high standard of appearance.
Salary: £31,000 Per Annum
• Experience in preparing all South Indian varieties.
• Carry out all tasks involved in preparation of the food items
• At least 5 years of experience as South Indian Head Chef.
• Train and impart sufficient knowledge to Junior Chefs in South Indian Cuisine.
• Maintaining a highly hygienic kitchen standard and high-quality food standards.
Job Type: Full-time
Contact : Jay (+44 7999 738498)
123 High street, Hounslow, TW3 1QL